- Provide web support of Internet and Intranet. Support will be provided for 25+ functional areas of the college. Includes assisting with the development of web sites, coordination of web page development, application of required security measures, XML schema design and implementation, replication, implementation, and integration of databases.
- Support the college’s institutional repository and digital publication. Work with content providers to catalog and display relevant materials for submission through the use of BePress platform.
- Develop online content. Collaborate with Public Affairs Office, Social Media Manager, Web Services Manager, Subject Matter Experts, and Writers as necessary to ensure accurate, user friendly, and appropriate content appears on USNWC web sites. Perform advanced content management tasks such as maintaining the program or department related information, repurposing press content in order to create online press releases, creating video pages that utilize online video content, creating redirects, managing online assets, creating image galleries, and moving content to templates.
- Develop knowledgebase. Provide development support in building and maintaining a department-wide knowledgebase of content management procedures and protocol.
- Support future site design or functionality. Provide development support in site design or functionality changes, applying current internet standards and protocol.
- Provide monthly status reports and attend monthly status meetings. Prepare and brief the COR and NWC Public Affairs Office with a monthly status report and in electronic format (Adobe PDF). The monthly status report will report the monthly financials and current staffing levels.
Must have experience in web content management systems. Familiarity with centralized ticketing system Samanage is a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Verbal communication
- Proofreading and editing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Secret clearance is required.
Commensurate with education and experience.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
Applicants should be prepared to start work at Naval War College, Newport Rhode Island, 01 June 2018.