Must be able to provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks. Additionally, the contractor shall be able to assist in a variety of functional areas to include contract related logistical functions and assisting in exercise support functions. Some of these task activities, and specific skill sets that the contractor shall have include:
- Monitor complex technical control facility hardware and software, and able to interface with other IT technical personnel, users, and vendor support service groups to ensure escalation to a point of problem resolution is reached during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance, troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and provide capacity planning solutions
- Manage the support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems in support of large-scale systems projects.
- Perform system-level configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
- Provide assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Supervise all contract personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Contract lead’s resume shall reflect a minimum of 6 years’ supervisory experience.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems through routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Standard response procedures include identification of a problem, notification of appropriate personnel, complete troubleshooting or replacement procedures, and ensuring that notification of the appropriate personnel that the system(s) or equipment has returned to normal operations
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Support a variety of IT systems and deploy commercial of the shelf (COTS) and Government off the shelf (GOTS) technologies including Microsoft, Linux, networking NSA Type 1 encryption devices, VOIP, email, video teleconferencing, and common desktop productivity tools.
- Detailed understanding of VMware Virtualization Technology with a proven track record of operating a VMware environment for more than 3 years
- Manage the system vulnerability identification and resolution process in order to support network accreditation process. Additionally, minimum of 5 years of firsthand experience operating network security devices to include Cisco integrated services routers (ISR).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Certifications: DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level Two (Security + or higher)
Computing Environment Certification (MCDSR, MCITP EDST, MCITP EDA, MCITP SA, MCITP EA, MCM, MCA: MS Windows sever: Directory, Windows EP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCSA: WS2012, MCSE: WS2012 Windows 8 MCSA: Windows 7, MCSA: Windows 8, MCSA: WS2008, MCSM, Windows 10)
Security Clearance: Secret
Years of experience: 5 years firsthand experience operating network security devices to include Cisco integrated services routers (ISR), plus knowledge of Computer Systems Administration.