Shall be able to provide technical direction, engineering knowledge, and planning for IT network support activities. Must have the ability to perform two core functions. The first core competency shall include supervising complex operations that involve two or more additional functional areas such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Additionally, the Technical Management Task Lead will perform a variety of systems engineering, maintenance, and testing tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
Some of these task activities, and specific skill sets that the contractor shall have include:
- Able to provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information system operations to include designing, building, and implementing network systems. Additionally, they shall provide quality control review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Required to monitor complex technical control facility hardware and software. Be able to interface with other IT technical personnel, users, and vendor support service groups to ensure escalation to a point of problem resolution is reached during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance, troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic, and provide capacity planning solutions
- Manage the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems in support of large-scale systems projects. Required to perform vendor comparison and cost studies in the pursuit of these projects
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
- Provide assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Supervise all contract personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Contract lead’s resume shall reflect a minimum of 6 years’ supervisory experience.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems through routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Standard response procedures include identification of a problem, notification of appropriate personnel, complete troubleshooting or replacement procedures, and ensuring that notification of the appropriate personnel that the system(s) or equipment has returned to normal operations
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Additionally, the Technical Management Task Lead will troubleshoot network system when necessary and make improvements to the network. Improvements should focus on reliability, streamlining, and reducing outage or downtime of equipment, systems, and networks
- Support a variety of IT systems and deploy commercial of the shelf (COTS) and Government off the shelf (GOTS) technologies including Microsoft, Linux, networking NSA Type 1 encryption devices, VOIP, email, video teleconferencing, and common desktop productivity tools. Additionally, the contractor shall be familiar with elements, infrastructure, and service capabilities of the Defense Information Systems network (DISA). Must have a minimum of 10 years of system administrator experience to include the operation of Microsoft Server Systems to include Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server.
- Detailed understanding of VMware Virtualization Technology with a proven track record of operating a VMware environment for more than 3 years.
- Manage the system vulnerability identification and resolution process in order to support network accreditation process. Additionally, minimum of 5 years of firsthand experience operating network security devices to include Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR).
Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT related field.
Certifications: DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level Two (Security + or higher)
Computing Environment Certification (MCDSR, MCITP EDST, MCITP EDA, MCITP SA, MCITP EA, MCM, MCA: MS Windows sever: Directory, Windows EP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCSA: WS2012, MCSE: WS2012 Windows 8 MCSA: Windows 7, MCSA: Windows 8, MCSA: WS2008, MCSM, Windows 10)
Security Clearance: Secret
Years of experience: 10 years of System Administrator experience to include the operation of Microsoft Server Systems, Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server.